With winter approaching again it’s timely to remind ourselves take the normal precautions to prevent damage to our homes and contents. While most of us have the appropriate insurance cover it is still a good idea to try and avoid damage where possible. Here are a few ideas for the checklist.
- Have the roof checked for any loose tiles or slates and make any repairs.
- Have the gutters and drains cleaned and make sure gullies aren’t blocked.
- Take in the garden furniture and make sure anything kept outdoors is protected and well secured.
- Make sure all pipes are well insulated particularly in the attic.
- Check that the heating/plumbing system isn’t losing any water.
- Have the boiler serviced.